Monday, June 30, 2008
. Society.
I hate life.
Why? I tell you why.
Its society. Society here is crap. Elitist to the core.
Today i ran into Hemant ashoka, i asked him a question, and he replied, "And you were the one that retained and when i leave the school you still'd be here."
For once that guy said something right.
It just reflects how elitist we are.
You are gifted, born intelligent, in a top school? Grats to you man. You are going to gain instaneous "WOWS" and respect from adults and the working community.
My mum told me once that my studies sucked. So did my conduct. So i asked her, "If i scored straight As, could I be anything i want? Do wat i want?"
She said, "See first."
The truth is, once you are smart, you are the apple of this society's eye. Bosses want you, parents adore you, schools will be rushing for your name in their school student list.
And once you are in education hell, you suddenly get disrespect. Not from your peers but from the people up there we play second fiddle to.
Man, i dont give a fucking fuck whether the school reads this blog or not. Its about this SOCIETY, this SOCIETY that is ELITIST and only (mainly) cares about STUDYING, STUDYING AND STUDYING.
I offically declare i hate studying.
Its going to get me ahead in life, yes I know, but hey, whatever, it is still going to be a rat race, and its a race ordinary people like us are doomed to struggle in.
Lets face it.
Education is tailored for the intelligent.
Got a Mensa-worthy IQ, impressive dairy-like memory and out-of-this-world concentration and absorption skills and hey, you a are gifted student! Well done!
Got an average IQ (mines 133) and an average memory? Well done as well! You can continue struggling.
You can see how streaming affects students.
For most Normal Technical students, about 90% of them are doomed to go to ITE.
Isnt there any way out for them? I mean face it, no matter how glamourous you market ITE as, its still associated with the fact you suck at studying. And your smarter friends are going to snicker at you while they "enjoy" life in poly/jc.
Please, all im asking is for a change in society.
Not everyone is cut out to be students. Model students.
Like me. I cannot understand Maths no matter how hard i try. (or ever tried.)
I want Singapore to be a place where people who cant study still have a life.
A talent programme.
A growth.
A future.
Not their life dictated with PSLEs and Olevels and the such.
Life isnt all studying.
- this theoretic realization... 10:57 PM
------