Saturday, January 01, 2011
. HAPPY. NEW. YEAR. WOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
Happy new year peeps!! 2010 is now old and gone. its 2011!
So let's get down to business.
Every year, either on 31 Dec or 1st Jan, will mke a blog post chronicling the year that just passed.
So let's begin. :)
2010 started like any other year - dry, dull, and utterly boring.
But as they say, the start doesnt always equal the ending, and I was about to find out, over the period of 12 months, what that phrase really meant.
The first four months of the year were the slackest. Never had I had such a loooong holiday.
In these four months, I overcame my fear of public speaking and learnt how to present stuff decently. Not bad.
April. School started. By that time, the holidays were beginning to drag on so long that I simply wanted school to start. At least I had a plan. A timetable. Something to do and people to talk to. For once, school was awesome.
Then it began. New classmates, new environment, new things to learn. Surprisingly, I adapted faster than I thought I would. Guess these things get easier as you get older uh. :D
Fast forward to June. SYOG. My gawd. it was an event i never planned to even watch, much less perform in. But so i did, and in short, it was A REALLY AWESOME SUCCESS!!
The trainings, the pathetic food we were given, the laughter, the unison, the actual show, my god, these are memories I simply wont forget.
detailed post here:
http://crackdawire.blogspot.com/2010/08/what-experience-something-ill-never.htmlPost YOG, August-September, fell 'sick' with post YOG syndrome. Haha.
October, November and December.
The last three months of the year.
These were the months I learn the most.
About life. About love. About the world.
October was absolutely terrible.
November got better. It was the bridging month. I could never cross over to the greener grass without it.
Highlights:
My birthday! Haha. so many wishes from ppl, old friends and new alike, it was really sweet. NP25 at Jia Wei's place that night, the small cake, it was seriously awesome. And its the first time in years a group of people sung happy birthday to me. Thanks guys. You all make me smile. :D
This year's birthday, party the fuck out maybe? Haha I have plans.
DECEMBER.
OMGOMGOMG. where do i start?
First week wasnt good.
FDSD Connect camp, got to know new people. Got to see old friends. The first day was real fun. Joked around, crapped around, basically had a high-life condition throughout.
The night though, was absolutely apeshit. Apeshit as in, really fucking shit.
Someone took my sleeping bag away while I was outside the sleeping room, so I had to sleep outside.
Sigh.
Developed a fever and headache. Body ached all over.
Next day's games, couldnt join in because I practically didnt sleep at all that night. I couldnt. my brain was threatening to crack my skull open.
Next couple of weeks. Common tests. Not too bad. confident i can pass all my modules.
Then came the week that would change things around.
SIS 80th Anniversary Celebration. absolutely amazing event.
Missed one or two trainings due to the really bad flu. Spent a week or so recovering.
Then came the second to last training (actually, it was a daimokukai). Haha. met all my NPSD comrades after what felt like forever. This was what I needed.
My spirits got back up. I got my confidence back. Life condition was slowly rising.
Fast forward. 24th December. Last rehearsal for the event at SIS, Singapore Indoor Stadium.
it was awesome, and so was the 25th. THE ACTUAL SHOW.
Rehearsals were dead sian and messy. The actual shows were the opposite. They were perfect.
Excellent performances by so many groups - especially SYDC!! KEEP IT UP PEOPLE!! :DD
Was super high on both days, 24th and 25th. It was really, really well done. From the bottom of my heart, I thank everyone who's involved in this event. Onward to 2030!! =DD
26th Dec. FLINT Xmas Celebration at YeeFong's hse. OMG. HAHAHAHAHAA.
This was the event that really really amped me up. One whole night filled with laughter. HAHAHAHA. OMG CANT STOP LAUGHING JUST THINKING BOUT IT.
got hungry in the middle of the night, i got the others to order mac. wah shiok sia.
for the whole event, the joke was guowei. xD epic sial. never had one stayover with so much fuuun. thanks to darius, roy, jacob, keith and benjamin! Awesum man!! We NEED to do this again. :D
Just two days ago, Dec 29th, Wednesday night. SYC. NPSD's final institution meeting. It was perfect. Although attendance could be improved, this was the best institution meeting I've had this year, despite the lack of cultural items. PeiCong and Criss make goooood emcees!
Thanks to everyone for your diligent listening during my presentation. I was really scared I couldnt pull it off.
An epic Yam Seng at the end!
So I ended the year on a high. Now lemme me recount the people and victories I've had this year:
Victories:
I finally got out of my shell as an introverted, socially awkward person. While I may not be the best around now, Im sure as hell more confident and more socialable than i was a year ago. This was something I had always wanted to improve on but never did, until this year. For alll those peeps trying to make more friends, speak up, laugh, and just go with the flow! :S
I learnt more about love this year than my entire life. I have never cried, teared, got angry, or smiled, cheered and laugh at the thought of a girl. But she sure changed all that. For the first time, I felt what it was to be really in true love with someone. And it was because of her, I decided to change myself. Although I' not with her now, Im far happier than I was before. You don't learn from winning all the time, you learn from losing too.
Thank you to you then! Wish us all the best!
I think these are the only victories worth mentioning. There are countless small benefits along the way, but I think that my faith last year hasnt been strong enough. This year, I'm determined to make an effort to put my heart into kosen rufu and really win in everything in life.
I would like to thank my classmates for being so awesome (despite the fact im sometimes not), NPSD for being the best comrades ever, FLINT/FD people for all the crazy fun times, YOG/SD peeps for the just about anything, and everyone in my life who has/have/had made 2010 a great experience. Thanks!!! =DDD
Small mention to my old friends, you made this year better.
And of course, my mum and dad. Without whom Yours Truly wouldnt be here. xD
Adn thank you all my readers who have read through this supeer aweesome post.
Tagboard's to the left, please tag after reading!
GG sleep, once more,
HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!!! ALL THE BEST IN 2011!!! =DDDDDDDD
- this theoretic realization... 1:38 AM
------