Sunday, May 06, 2012
. Self-reflection
This is getting crazy.
Vintage Opeth is going through my ears as I type this, in what has been ages since I last posted. Kind of reflects my mood now.
The year is running by quick as usual, although this year feels far slower than last year. Probably because I spent most of the year slacking away and having enjoyable times doing so. You know, time speeds up by a gazillion miles an hour when you are having fun.
Or does it?
It seems that, NS makes time go slower. It's almost as if I'm in a capsule.
Even the weekends feel pretty long. Usually two days felt quick. Like a breeze. Poof. Gone.
Or is it just growing up?
I'm guessing, as we grow older, as we mature into the world we are in, we take notice more of the littlest things. Even time. Ever looked at clock every minute or so? You'd end up looking at the time 30-60times in just an hour. Time feels slow, doesn't it?
And that's the thing about time. We take notice, it goes slower.
We don't, it just passes by.
Irritating little bugger.
Usually I would never want time to fly by, but god, almighty god, ORD couldn't be further away.
So why is this getting all crazy?
It's been four full months since the year began. I'm dismayed, disappointed at my progress in life this year.
Four slow months, might I add (again).
I should have been able to do more meaningful things with my life.
Let's see what have I done:
January - Hung out with a few friends, had a great New Year's Day, Chingay training and prep for the actual show. By far my most memorable month. Life was all Project Team, friends and AWESOME B9. That was beautiful.
Feb - The beginning was amazing. Blew me away. The fun, the atmosphere, the energy. I was on a roll for weeks after Chingay ended in the first week or so of that month. The great memories still linger :)
I will never get to perform on that stage again, but memories were remembered, friendship forged, comrades rocked. All we have left are imprints on our minds and paper! It was great. :)
March - Good month, except the end. Did a couple of projects with Project Team, experienced hell and heaven working, made more great friends throughout HQ coy. Then came the end.
5 months of being with HQ and Project Team. The guys I worked with daily. Same office. Same four walls. Same computers. Different fun, different experiences everyday. The freedom, the life.
I got posted out.
April - present Attended a Clubsnap + ASIA (Asia Street in Action) Photowalk session. Enjoyed my hearts out at that one. Learnt a great deal -took quite a great deal of pictures too! The theme was street photography, and although I love people photography and had been wanting to try street for some time, that was my virgin foray into actually shooting street. Had my fair share of adventures!
Sadly that was quite the highlight of April. My new coy was way more regimented that HQ, which meant a dampener on Gakkai activities. Couldn't come out for NP25, and ended up being busy with other little nitty-gritty, till I couldn't attend anything either.
May came, and the story's the same. Nothing much. Not at all.
In this post of self-reflection, I have come to the painfully obvious conclusion: It's time to do something.
I was reading (and still reading) this good book by Stephen Covey, titled 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. The first habit taught was - wait for it - Be Proactive.
I realised that, most ineffective and ineffeciency in individuals is due to a sore lack of proactiveness.
You need to kick a ball for it to move. Start a car's ignition to get the engine started.
We all need to kick ourselves into doing the things, making the changes we promised ourselves countless times we'd do.
And so, this is it.
Transformation time.
The next 7 months is gonna be hell but heaven's waiting to be knocked on at the end.
I shall, begin.
- this theoretic realization... 11:20 PM
------