Sunday, June 23, 2013
. When the good gets going, the going gets tough.
It's incredible what late nights do to you.
Fingers become a tool for poking yourself awake; a splash of water becomes a wave and a slap (across the face ) punches you awake.
All good then, for just an extra 5 minutes of burning the midnight oil.
If you want more then, you have to make sure you have a fridge stocked full of energy drinks and a kitchen top furnished with kettles with hot coffee in it.
Its 2AM+ and i have none of those things. Just me, myself and my computer.
I'm writing to let my thoughts flow. To let the energies, whatever I have left, translate into words. Writing was the choice of relaxation back then for me. It was better than playing the guitar, for instance. It was better than eating a plate of nachos topped with gooey melted oh-so-fuckin-good cheese with more transfat than an entire pig. It was just, well, heaven!
So it kind of irks me that now, in the middle of a very early night, I am struggling to write. I am actually struggling. Writer's block kicking me in the nuts leaving me rolling across the earth wounded and scarred. It's sad.
So...then, what do I write about?
My life?
Nothing much, in fact this has been the dullest year for me since my birth year, which was dreary mainly due to the fact i did nothing but sit around all day eating, sleeping, answering nature's call and that. All three on repeat. No shuffling allowed.
But that was when I was a baby! What do babies know huh? The world's fascinating for us when we were just babies. Everything was new. Everything was literally upside down and nothing could quell our insatiable desire for knowledge. We wanted to understand the world we were in; much like how Clark Kent wanted to understand Earth and its inhabitants.
Now I'm all grown up, just like Superman. That means changes. I'm no longer satiated by repetition and routine. I loathe orders as much as I love order. I hate being kept in a box of life, where freedom and privacy is never truly mine to begin with.
That being said, this box is setting me free in four months. Hooray!
Privacy? With the whistleblowing on the U.S. government formerly secret, classified spying operations, the once clandestine illusion of privacy is now open for all to realise. Privacy doesnt exist in this age.
And that will the subject of my next piece.
In the meantime...goodnight!
- this theoretic realization... 2:59 AM
------